Sing for FUN!
Sept 5, 2017 through Jan 27, 2018
Registration closes October 1st, 2017!
North Shore Teen Choir is an a non-audition, non-religious teaching choir that brings teens together to have fun creating music in community and to learn about supporting our community through fundraising concerts that support local charities. Having fun and laughing together as we sing builds confidence and helps everyone feel great as they share their voices, enthusiasm and joy with the group, our audiences and those we help in the community.
What You Get
- Improve your singing skills in a safe, encouraging, fun and relaxed atmosphere filled with laughter and song
- Experience a weekly uplift; it’s therapeutic to be enveloped in glorious harmonies of joyful voices. Singing in community is scientifically proven to improve your physical and mental health
- Sing songs from around the world, from pop to traditional
- Get energized at weekly Tuesday evening rehearsals
- Perform in our public concert at the end of each season to fundraise for charity (optional)
- Meet new people and make new friends during social time at rehearsals.
- Get support learning with Online rehearsal tools
- Enjoy Social Evenings each season (variety night, movie night, potluck, karaoke, etc)
- Numerous benefits and community involvement that comes with singing in a choir!
Membership is $266 per season or $478.80 per year (10% off).
NEW SINGERS WELCOME to our September and February rehearsals only for a $10 drop-in.
Enrol more than one family member (including in Spirit’s Call Choir) and receive 20% OFF all memberships!
We Support Our Community
Concert Proceeds Support
Harvest Project, Impacting the community by breaking the poverty cycle and restoring people to participation in work, school and a healthier family life.
Canadian Mental Health Association, BC Division promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness.
Who We Are
Co-Director, Spirit's Call ChoirSandi founded Harmony House Music Training and Performance Center in 1993 to teach students the fun they can have in music while driving to excel. Sandi’s passion is teaching vocal ensembles and performance classes because there is so much creative energy in the room where students learn to be supportive and accepting of each other, generating excitement as they see the positive results of their collaboration. Read more…
Co-Director, Spirit's Call ChoirJeremy has delighted choristers and audiences spreading the joy of singing with humour, high energy and enthusiasm, leading Winnipeg’s Spirit’s Call Choir for the last eight years. Excited to build a choir in Vancouver, Jeremy has long taught that music must be fun and accessible to everyone. With positive acceptance he invites everyone into a comfortable and non-threatening atmosphere that gets them to relax, laugh and enjoy themselves while discovering they can sing together in harmony. Read more…